Acne which is medically named as acne vulgaris. It is a skin disorder that occurs when the pores of the skin filled with bacteria, oil, and dead skin cells.Acne typically or most commonly occur in puberty, when the sebaceous (oil) glands come into existence.Adrenal gland produced male hormones that stimulate the sebaceous gland of both male and female.The word acne derived from the word acme that means the highest point. Mostly acne appears on the face(which is more common and create more problem.), back, chest and neck.Actually, the sebum, skin cell and hair can stick to form a plug.When this plug becomes infected swelling occur.The development of pimples starts when this cluster break.
CAUSES OF ACNE.
Acne occurs when the hair follicles become plugged with dead skin cells and oil.The factors that cause acne are:
- Dead skin cells.
- clogged pores.
- Increased level of androgen.
- Oil production.
Actually, no one completely knows what is the main cause of acne. But according to the survey primary cause of acne is increased production of androgen.Mostly in adolescent the level of androgen raised than normal that make the oil gland to grow under your skin which results in the enlarged glands that produced more oil.In some females, oily and greasy cosmetics may also be the reason or cause of acne.Acne may appear in the pregnant females due to hormonal changes.
SYMPTOMS OF ACNE.
Signs and symptoms acne vary depending on the condition and severity of acne.
- Blackhead. It is clearly visible.They usually appear on the surface of the skin and most of it is black.It is open plugged pore, the oil becomes brown when it is exposed to air.
- Whitehead. It is closed plugged pore usually remain beneath the skin and small in size.
- Pustules(pimples). Mostly the pimples base is red and has pus on the top.It is visible clearly on the surface of the skin.
- Nodules. Mostly they are a solid pimple large in size.It is basically a painful lump inside the skin.Although it is clearly visible on the surface of the skin.
- CYST. A cyst can easily leave scar.it is filled with pus and mostly painful.it is also clearly visible on the surface of the skin.
RISK FACTORS THAT AGGRAVATE ACNE: The risk factors that increases the acne are
- Stress and anxiety. Mental stress results in raised level of hormones.for example adrenaline, and cortisol. which makes the acne worse.Stress is not the cause of acne but when you have already acne on your skin it can make it worse.
- Greasy hair. Some hair product is extremely oily and they aggravate the acne.for example, the hair product that contains coca butter. Your acne also worsens when your skin is in contact with oily creams and lotion and working in an oily environment is also a risk factor.
- Family history. Heredity plays a major role in acne.if both your mother and father is having acne then, there are 90 percent changes that you will develop acne.
- Periods or mensuration cycle. One or two weeks before periods the acne becomes worse in females and girls.this occurs because of hormonal changes are taking place inside. According to many people intake of chocolate, these days worsen the situation.but experts says chocolate has no connection in worsening the acne it is all because of hormonal changes.
- Pressure on skin or friction. It is caused by the stuff for example tight collar, helmets, cell phone and telephone.
- Squeezing off a pimple. if you squeeze your pimple it will worsen acne and also leave the scar.
- Environment. In the humid and hot environment, we sweat more.this can also make your acne worse.
- Makeup that is oily. Lubricating lotions, moisturizing creams, and all oily makeup block your pores due to which acne become worse.